May 02, 2007

Organized Sports

nellie says, 'i don't play organized sports. nothing good can come of it.' well i should have listened to her. fyi nellie, i changed the blogger blocker 5 times...so try it.
last night i was asked to play on angie's indoor soccer team. so i get to the field early to sign in and we kind of warm up...the game starts and the other team is short a couple of players so it's a forefeit. we play anyway. i don't normally play forward but that's were they put me so i tried to make the best of it. we were doing great! i even scored. i should have had a least one more goal but man was i tired and my feet were just not kicking as hard as they normally do. anyway...i was approaching the ball one time and collided with another player, twisted my ankle, and sat out for a couple of minutes. i was back in the game just fine. i think my adrenaline was pumping cause i there was no pain whatsoever. the game ends with the score 7 to 5, our win. mikelle packer was our goaly and she is AMAZING! i couldn't believe all the saves she was making. they were incredible. i went home took a shower and the pain hit. i couldn't sleep because every position hurt. plus i had an ice pack on my foot so i was limited to the number of positions i could lay. so this morning i couldn't even walk on it. it was stiff an di thought that i had forsure broke it. i made an appointment with my doctor and by 9:30 i could apply some weight. so i knew it wasn't broke. thank goodness. missy dropped me off at the doctors, thanks missy, and she said i had a 2nd degree sprain. i don't need a cast, splint, or crutches. but i can't i can't go the the gym unless it's on a stationary bike or lifting some weights, i can't play soccer, i can't go running...

i should have listened to nellie. this is what happens when you play organized sports. sucks to be me.

7 comments:

ishybeanie said...

that sucks, im sorry

Miles and Bex said...

That looks painful. Sorry!

Joey and Nettifer said...

That sucks! I knew it! I should have told you just to stay home! I am so sorry. Do you need some dinner?

Anonymous said...

Let this be a lesson to you---I'm wise beyond my years. :) I'm so sorry about your foot and I'm especially sorry that I lost my workout buddy. (yes, all the weight gain from here on out is pretty much your fault)
danielle

Kristi said...

Sad! I am impressed you play soccer, I wouldn't even know what to do!

Maren said...

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly. That's neat that you can play soccer-- I didn't know.

Heather Jones said...

that sucks I don't play sports at all!!! Well now you just have a good excuse for your hubby and kids to wait on you.