November 30, 2007
November 29, 2007
November 20, 2007
November 18, 2007
i love this! soo sweet!
i had such a wonderful birthday. you know i don't really mind my birthday...it's comforting to know that b will always be 2 years older. the kids were so sweet to me today and even my primary class was unusually reverent. b made steak and shrimp for dinner and k made my brownies. we have boycotted the whole birthday cake in our house. everything was so yummy and i even got a nap. it was great! i also got to call a sweet friend of mine who shares the same birthday with me. my family has been the greatest gift i could ever ask for. what a blessing they are. i never could have imagine 11 years ago that i would be where i am today...wife, mother, friend...and that i could be all these things and more and still be sane. i love my family for making me who i am today and allowing my to keep dreaming. thanks to all the bday calls, cards, and emails. i love you all!
November 16, 2007
this is tom our naked turkey. we are a little late in getting him his feathers but better late than never. tom is our thankful turkey and when we are thankful for something...he gets a feather. hopefully he will have all his feathers by thanksgiving.
10 things i am thankful for today...
1. my cute husband who gives me a kiss and hug before heading off to work. even if i am still sleeping he always comes over and gently gives me a kiss and says, i love you. this means so much to me. it puts me in such a good mood in the morning and i am thankful for that extra 2 min. he takes to let me know that he loves me.
2. kennidy's independence. i can always count on kennidy being ready in the morning for school. by the time i am out of bed she is dressed, eaten breakfast, and made her lunch. i am grateful that she is such an independent young lady.
3. my mom. today she called me and has single handedly taken care of all the major food preparations for a's baptism next weekend. and she lives in maryland. it's amazing what you can do with the internet! thanks, mom. i love you.
4. lazy days. i love to sleep in but what i love more is an uneventful day when i can catch up on projects that need to be finished!
5. taking random pictures with my camera and posting them on my blog for viual enhancement. i am thankful for my blog and my camera that lets me keep in touch with my friends who don't live close by.
6. school. i am thankful for my kids' teachers and all they do to help my children succeed. i have really smart kids, if i do say so, and i give lots of credit to those teachers who have pushed them to be better. thank you.
7. the united states of america. i could go on all day about how grateful i am for this country...but today i am grateful for the men and women to serve so that my family can sleep peacefully at night. my family is very patriotic...with men serving in the marines, army, and air force...i am grateful for my military heros.
8. showers in the morning. i am grateful that i can shower in hot water for as long as my kids allow me to.
9. exercise for the most part. i enjoyed exercising a lot more when i had my WOB doing it with me. and i admit that we laughed more than we 'crunched' but now i am thankful for my morning walks with f and m.
10. i am thankful for my health that allows me to do so many things. i am grateful that i CAN exercise, walk, run, type, take pics, and all the other physical things i take for granted. i am thankful for my body and that if nothing else...i am healthy.
November 13, 2007
anywho...i couldn't believe i needed 100 pics. we have loved moving around and meeting new friends and keeping in touch with them all. we don't have friends in others countries...we'll have to work on that one...but we have loved having friends all over the united states. i have a friend in england but he's married by now...and we kind of lost touch after high school. flashback. one of my most favorite things to do in december is to go to the mailbox and find christmas letters from all of you. i love seeing how much your families have grown and hearing about all the fun things you have been up to. it makes me feel like we've been along for the ride. oh i can't wait for december!
November 12, 2007
November 10, 2007
November 08, 2007
November 06, 2007
this afternoon i tried to get f to take a nap. we watched 'a knight's tale' and i thought that would put him to sleep for sure...but it didn't. he even layed on my bed for awhile but didn't fall asleep. i thought i was being really boring...working on christmas cards...that he would get disinterested and go take a nap. didn't happen. finally he came out of my room and wanted to play the piano. so we did. didn't last long but it was fun while it lasted. he's such a busy boy. then 5 minutes before we had to pick the kids up from school he comes to me and says, 'i tired.' perfect timing.