May 01, 2008

Lava Cake Recipe

Chocolate Lava Cake

6 oz. of semi-sweet baking chocolate (I used 1/2 bag of chocolate chips)
6 oz. of butter
3 eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
Greased Ramekins

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Melt chocolate in double boiler. When chocolate is melted remove it from heat and add butter. Stir till butter is melted. In a small bowl, beat eggs and add sugar. Stir in chocolate mix and add flour. Pour batter into greased ramekins and place in oven. Bake for 10 min. Don't over bake. Bake until you get the perfect liquid~solid consistancy. When done, turn ramekin over onto plate. I poured Double Chocolate Syrup around the cake and topped with Vanilla Ice Cream. I topped the Ice Cream with crumbled Score bar. Makes 4 cakes. Using ramekin dishes.

Variations:
Cupcake pan instead of Ramekins.
Raspberry sauce instead of Chocolate Syrup.
Orange Sherbet instead of Vanilla Ice Cream with orange slices for garnish.

This recipe is so simple I was able to remember it by heart. The trick part is how long to cook it. I had to try 3 times to get it perfect. I put the ramekin dishes on a baking sheet in water, then on a baking stone...if you do this you will need to double your baking time. I still haven't figured out the approximate time. But I will be trying this again tomorrow with a friend.

Along with Pinto Bean Fudge. You are kringing at the very sound of that I know, but I have heard it is the best some have tasted and since we are trying to make things using our food storage I have to make it. I will let you all know how that goes. And yes, Veronica, I am trying to lose 25 lbs. but have been for the past 6 months. At least I was sharing. That's gotta count for something. I don't think I could eat a whole one by myself because it's so rich.

Enjoy! And let me know how yours turn out!

4 comments:

Bellblogging said...

Looks Good! What is Greased Ramekins?? Kind-of fancy I think! I'll ask my Mom to try it, she is a lot better cook than me!

Bubbles said...

That looks good!!! I'll have to try that recipe. I can not believe that you've been married 12 years already. It's scary how fast time flies.

Margo said...

Thanks for the recipe I am going to try it. That is so cool that you are going to Nauvoo. My sister's family went there two years ago in July. She said it was very humid and hot. Her kids really enjoyed it. In fact she also bought a new temple dress from white elegance online bc she didn't like the one at the distribution center either. It is not about fashion she just wanted to have a nice dress. Are you guys flying or driving? My sister's family drove from CA to Nauvoo I know crazy!! She has 6 kids she said it was cheaper than flying. I know I can't wait for summer, this morning we had some snow flurries and tonite we are having freezing temperature warning. I know and it is supposed to be Spring. Oh well I know it will get better. Talk to you later,
Margo

Kristi said...

Oh I love that it is stuff in your food storage, thanks for sharing, I am going to try it!!