June 19, 2010

Idaho Cabin

2 weeks after school let our we headed up to the Idaho Cabin with the Dustins.  Brandon and Kevin left on Sunday night to start their 3 day Golf Trip!  What fun.  I don't have any pictures documenting the fun they had but maybe I could ask Brandon to email me some of the pictures he took with his phone.
We all got to the cabin Tuesday night.  It's always fun going to the cabin with friends.  I learned how to play Horse Shoes.  I have never had the desire to play.  But I relented if it meant spending time with Brandon.  There's not much I wouldn't do for him.  Moving on.
We had yummy food, I gained 5 lbs. by the end of the week.  The weather was a bit cold...in fact Wednesday morning I had to go into town and get a fleece.  I only paid $5 for it so I was happy.  Then we made our way to Wal-Mart to get things for Father's Day.  The girls wanted a date night with dad so we got candy and movie tickets.  The boys wanted to golf with dad.  So we got a Callaway cap, view finder that tells you the distance to the flag, tees, and golf balls.  

The kids only really swam one day.  It was really kind of chilly up there.  We went to the head of the ditch, tradition.  The kids found a few 4 leaf clovers.  I tried to capture them but all I got were blurry pictures.  Blast.  Brandon and Kevin played Sequence, tradition.  The kids did sit-ups on Brandon, tradition.  I made Makinley's baptism dress.  We did lots of reading and naps, tradition.  And we tried to stay up late and watch movies, tradition that is slowly dying out as we get older.  Friday, we headed into Boise to watch 'Toy Story 3'.  It was really funny.   
We had a good week.  It was nice to see friends and wish we lived closer.

No comments: