September 29, 2010

Chores

Okay.  I totally know how my kids feel about chores.  They hate them.  They would rather be playing.  I totally get it.  I am home for almost 3 hours each morning by myself with lots of chores to do.  Sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, dirty dishes, unfolded laundry, etc. and I don't want to do it.  I want to do something fun!  So this morning, as I looked at the 4 loads of laundry laying on my couch in my room, I smiled to myself and thought I want to do something else.  So I created and cut vinyl for Ford's fish, Yoshi.  I know the laundry will not fold itself and the dishes in the sink won't wash themselves...and the crumbs on the floor may be cleaned by ants...but is that really what I want?  No.  So right after I post this I promise to fold some laundry.  


PS. I did clean my bathroom, bedroom, living room, kitchen, and dining room already this morning. 

3 comments:

Callie said...

You are so cute! I totally understand. Good for you for doing something you wanted to do during the quiet time of your day, I know you don't get that much. Now you just need to teach me how to do some of your super cute stuff you've posted on here so I can be distracted too.

Bellblogging said...

That is so cute! I just don't get anything done let alone get a cute vinyl cut out to show for! Way to go.

ps I only get your blog updates sometimes, kind-of weird!

Unknown said...

Wow, it should almost be time for Yoshi's bday :)