May 28, 2009

Wild Wednesdays

F and I started our morning off at the school for K's Math Olympics. K did really well. Infact, she finished in 3rd place! Way to go, K!


Then F and I went to the Post Office and Smith's for some over priced groceries. I am so used to Wal-mart and Costco. I just hate to shop at Smith's. Then it was home to water my plants and take a power nap. F wasn't interested and I didn't force it because if he did fall asleep...he wouldn't have waken in time and would have been grouchy. So he played the Wii and I took the nap. It was short cause we had to be back at the school for K's play...13 Colonies.

So cute. All the kids in her class were dressed up. K was Martha Washington and wore a shawl and a white curly haired wig. Oh she made me laugh. She is quite the drama queen. F and I really enjoyed ourselves.

Then it was back home to get ready for K's piano practice, A's baseball game, Super Student Awards, and Cub Scouts. We didn't go to soccer practice cause it would have been a waste of our time...15 min. is enough time to run around the field 5 times. Anyway...I fed the kids dinner, packed them all up, and off we went.


A had a good game...3 hits. Then we had to get him in the car to change.


Super Student Awards were so cute. To earn Super Student...the kids have to get 6 out of 8 Student of the Months, no trips to the Principles office, practice good citizenship, and a couple of other things I don't remember. When M's name was called she got to the ramp and she held her dress on each side and walked just like a princess up to the principle. The audience 'Awwwd' and because I was back so far and couldn't see what was actually doing...I thought they 'awwd' because she was so little. What actually happened was much cuter.
We are so proud of our kids. Each one received this recognition. They work really hard to get good grades and practice good citizenship, courtesy, and respect towards others. We love you all and are so glad that you are good kids.
Then it was off to Cub Scouts. Oh my. This took FOREVER. A earned 2 red beads and his Conservation Belt Loop. He gave a report on the Red Wolf. He also drew a picture of the food chain of the wolf. Great job, A. We are so pleased with your progress.

It was after 8pm by the time we got home. So we got the kids in their jammies, had prayer, and went to bed. We are all exhausted. But what a fun day celebrating my kids!

1 comment:

Creswell-Hyde Away said...

Adam, you look so handsome in your cubscout shirt! What great kids you all are!