January 31, 2008

Big Light!

When B was a little boy he took his mom's keys and decided that they fit perfectly in the light socket. That night before bed he said, 'Big light' because of the big spark it created when he stuck it in. His mom said that the rubber on the keys was melted and that it was a miracle that he wasn't hurt.

Well F has the same facination with the sockets as B did when he was little. Tonight he was playing with a dime near my camera charger that is always plugged into the wall. He slid the dime down behind the charger but it was still plugged in. I caught him as he was trying to unplug the charger. 'NO, F!' I pulled him away and pulled the charger out myself and there was a big spark. I actually think I saw a flame. I explained to him that playing with the sockets was dangerous and that he could get a big owie. This is what happened to the socket. That makes 2 in our house. I hope he has learned his lesson.

8 comments:

ishybeanie said...

how scary, I'm glad he didn't get hurt. I was shocked really bad once while changing out a light fixture, it hurt like a mother.

The Seaquist Family said...

Too scary and I can totally relate. Ryan was our plug kid. Worst it ever was - he found a really cute bracelet at the Gap that had cute metal charms on it. As Mom was shopping away he managed to find a plug under the clothes and shoved one of those charms into the plug. You can imagine the result. He screamed and screamed. "It vent me, it vent me!" (What my kids called getting a shock. - I guess I should be concerned that they did this so often they actually had something they called it.) I don't think he has done it since then...two years ago. Glad everyone was OK.

nettifer said...

you are so lucky, he didn't get hurt! my gosh! I can't believe how bad that fried!
Did you get your package from Joey?

Veronica said...

So glad he wasn't hurt! You've got great eyes.

Kristi said...

Scary!! That is so crazy, glad everything and one is ok!!

Miles and Bex said...

That is so scary! Thanks for the picture, I was able to show Brayden would happen if he did that. I don't know if it scared him or got his mind thinking of cool it would be. I am glad everyone is okay.

Miles and Bex said...

One more thing, have you been able to get on my blog? I sent you an invite but I don't know if it is the right email. Let me know.

Missy said...

geez laweez! That is scary.