September 01, 2009

Stake Conference

The Adult session of conference was Saturday night. We decided to take the opportunity to go out to dinner with friends beforehand. I love eating at Reds! But I don’t think I will ever get the Trout or the Flat Iron steak again. It’s always good to try new things anyway.


The Adult session was really good. The talks were ‘Protecting our Children from Pronography’, ‘Holding a Current Temple Recommend’, and ‘Temple Worship’.


Sunday’s session was just as good. ‘Obedience’, ‘Missionary Work’, ‘Getting Through the Storms in Life’, and our stake president ended with a plan for happiness. He touched on 3 things he invited us to try, if we weren’t already. 1. Don’t Be Grouchy 2. Smile 3. Say Thank You


I love feeling uplifted and edified by these mtgs. I am so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There are so many reasons to be happy in this life.


No comments: